We are now in the midst of the Holiday Season. If you are looking to do a quick treat from all natural sources, below is a flourless brownie recipe, aka, Zucchini Brownies. This recipe takes approximately 15 minutes of prep time and an additional 15-20 minutes to bake. The ingredients can be found at nearly any organic section of food stores. Break out the zucchini and enjoy a better option of sweet!
Note: The brownies may be a better option to the flour variety but they will still be high in calories. They will have a little more nutrients than the processed version. However, if you are still watching your macros or being conscious of your overall food intake, eat these in moderate portions.
Flourless Zucchini Brownies
2 Cups Shredded Zucchini
1 Cup Raw Almond Butter
1/3 Cup Raw Honey
1 Cup Carob Bits (Dark)
1 Egg (1/3 cup applesauce if Vegan)
1 tspn Nutmeg
1 tspn Cinnamon
1 tspn Baking Soda
1) Preheat oven at 350.
2) Shred Zucchini
3) Add other ingredients on top of the zucchini.
* If vegan, replace egg with applesauce.
4) Use large wooden/plastic spoon to mix all ingredients and place in baking pan. I personally like to line the baking pan with coconut oil.
5) Insert in oven. Bake 15-20 minutes.
6) Test with toothpick. No brownie mix should be on toothpick when done.
7) Cut and cool. Serve warm or chilled.
Do not miss an entry again. Sign up for SIF updates!